- Jebediah J. Sawyer – Jeb was the first Gottman Certified Therapist in Minnesota and he is the only Certified Feedback Informed Treatment Trainer in Minnesota. Jeb has extensive training in couples therapy – including specialized training with Susan Johnson, Michael White, Daniel Wile, Brent Atkinson, and several other prominent therapists. He also specializes in trauma treatment through EMDR and Pia Mellody’s trauma specific therapy. Jeb is the Co-Founder of the Relationship Therapy Center and the Co-Creator of Intensive Couples Counseling – a proprietary program designed to get couples moving and help couples traditional couples therapy can not. Jeb’s style in supervision is to give a comprehensive understanding of what will be covered and then use a clear, and systematic approach to help you know where we’re going and why. Jeb lays out the roadmap and helps everything make sense.
- Theresa M. Benoit – Like Jeb, Theresa has extensive training in couples therapy – including specialized training with Susan Johnson, Michael White, Daniel Wile, Brent Atkinson, and several other prominent therapists. She also specializes in trauma treatment through EMDR. She also is the Co-Founder of the Relationship Therapy Center and the Co-Creator of Intensive Couples Counseling. Her style in supervision is focused on deliberate practice, infused with laughter and group support– helping you practice and perfect each step with a sense of humor.
- Kyle Zrenhcik – Dr. Z, as he’s known around here is a Certified Sex Therapist, as well as certified in Discernment Counseling. And he’s done extensive training in EMDR and other trauma models. Dr. Z has been published in various academic journals and he is well respected in the field. His style in supervision is to be very direct and challenging, helping you with self-of-the-therapist, as well as important skills. His supervisees consistently report that they learn a lot.
Category: Post Graduate Fellowship
RTC’s Post Graduate Fellowship in Couples Therapy
Watch the video above and create your own video to answer the questions at the end of our video. You can upload the video to youtube and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume or curriculum vitae. Please also send an answer to the following questions:
- What hours/days would you like to work?
- Tell us about work/life balance and where you are on that spectrum?
- Are you someone that will ask others as you are figuring something out or do it on your own?
- Scenario – we messed up and scheduled you 8 clients in a row with no breaks. What would you do?
- If you were offered this fellowship – what would be your biggest hesitations in taking the position?
- What other opportunities are you looking at?
- What is your 10 year plan (where do you hope to be and what do you hope to be doing)?
- There are 4 positions available.
- Please note- Schedule Updated on May 3, 2017.
- The deadline for all applications is June 9th, 2017.
- The first interview will be on Thursday June 15th, 2017 from 8am-3pm.
- The second round of interviews will be held on Wednesday June 28th from 8am-3pm.
- All applicants will be notified by the week of July 3rd, 2017.
- For all accepted fellows – there will be a welcoming/informational session on the afternoon/evening of July 29th, 2017.
- The completion of a Master’s or PhD degree in Marriage & Family Therapy by October 31, 2017 from an accredited institution.
- An ability to commit to the entire 2 year Fellowship
- An honest and sincere respect for relationships and a commitment to providing the best care possible.
Additional Preferred Qualifications (not mandatory)
- Training in couples therapy
- Experience with couples
- Sex therapy training
- Sex therapy education
- Knowledge of specific trauma models
- The RELAtionship Therapy Center’s Post Graduate Fellowship in Couples Therapy (RELATE-CORE) is a full-time paid 2 year position.
- The annual salary is $30,000-$42,000 (depending on contract length) plus incentives. 50% of health insurance premiums are covered.
- The total benefit package is valued between $50,000-55,000 per year
- RTC provides liability and malpractice insurance.
- A major benefit of the Fellowship is the attainment of all clinical supervision hours and client contact hours necessary for Minnesota licensure as an LMFT.
- RTC provides for 2 weeks of paid leave per year.
- 112 Hours of Dyadic Supervision
- 24 hours of individual supervision
- 100 hours of group supervision
- Numerous impromptu supervision hours
- Biweekly trainings
- Tuesday Topics
- Feedback Informed Treatment comprehensive training
- Fellows are expected to attend all training modalities.
- Fellows are expected to seek mastery in couples therapy by staying current with the syllabus and seeking out further supplemental materials.
- Fellows are expected to work when couples are available. This translates into 4 after hours blocks per week. An after hour block is defined as 4-9pm for weekdays and any 5 hour block on weekends.
- Fellows are expected to engage in role plays facilitated by the clinical staff
After the initial training period, Fellows are expected to maintain 25 clinical contact hours.
- Fellows are expected to work 4 hours weekly to the Relationship Therapy Center development.
- Fellows are expected to be open to understanding their own relational tendencies and the etiology of those tendencies (be open to self-of the therapist).
- Fellows are expected to read and be proficient with assigned materials prior to the beginning of the Fellowship.